Chromecast is a useful app when it comes to playing any content of your choice on your television or speakers. All you need to do is to run the Chromecast setup to connect your phone and your television and off you go. If you are the owner of Fire HD, Fire HDX or Kindle Fire HDX tablet, and feel that you cannot run Chromecast, you are wrong! There is an easy way to do so.
Amazon Fire tablets have an operating system which is remarkably similar to the android system. Although amazon claims that it’s a new operating system, the working principle is quite identical. This is why the tablets can run Chromecast. However, the Fire tablet cannot run the android screen mirroring option of the app.
Despite many features that the Fire and Android systems share, you cannot just go to Google com Chromecast setup install it the traditional way. There is a series of steps that are needed to install and run Chromecast. You should also keep in mind the apps that are required.
To run Chromecast on your Amazon Fire tablet, you cannot follow the instructions given on www Chromecast setup. Hence, you have to go for a makeshift way. This requires you install the following apps on your tablet:
- Chromecast App
- Google Play Services App
- Google Play Store App
- Google Services Framework app
You can get the first two apps from any app store whereas the other two will be installed from APK files. These apps will help you in creating a makeshift way which has the same results as the one provided on Chrome cast com setup.
Steps to Follow
Since Chromecast requires some apps to function properly and these apps are not available on your tablet, you have to install these apps first. You cannot just try to implement the steps given on Chromecast com setup to run Chromecast on your tablet. You need to have the aforementioned apps beforehand. To install and run the above mentioned apps, you need to follow the given steps:
- Step 1: Enable the option to install apps from unknown sources in your tablet. The option is available in settings and will allow you to download and install apps from unknown locations since the aforementioned apps are not available on Amazon app store.
- Step 2: start any other app store which has the desired apps (Chromecast and Google Play Services).
- Step 3: Download and install Chromecast and Google Play Services from that store. Note that you cannot run the Chromecast app yet as some of the required apps are missing. You cannot connect to Chromecast help to solve this problem as you are using a makeshift way.
- Step 4: To install the Google Services Framework and Google Play Store, you need to find the APK versions of these apps. These are easily available on the internet. Note that Google Play Store is not functional on your Fire tablet but it is required for Chromecast to run. You can search these apps on the internet.
- Step 5: After downloading and installing the remaining two apps, you can run Chromecast on your tablet like any other normal app. After implementing the aforementioned method, you can visit www Chromecast com setup and enjoy the Chromecast system on your tablet.
Once you are have completed the method given above and installed all the necessary apps on your tablet, you can use Chromecast. You can use it to play different things from your phone on your television. Further details about functions of Chromecast are available on www Chromecast com.