Amazon Echo is a smart speaker with Alexa digital assistant we all know. But Amazon has come up with all new Amazon Echo Show, the first smart speaker with touchscreen. Let’s check out.
Lookout world, Alexa is coming to a screen near you. Today Amazon revealed it all new Amazon Echo Show, a wi-fi enabled device with a seven-inch screen that is the newest addition to its Alexa powered Echo range of Home hubs that plays media and responds to voice commands. While the previous versions of the Echo have been all about asking Alexa questions and getting responses from her. This new device take a more IRL turn one of the main selling points is that you can use the Echo Show for making and taking video calls with other humans.
The device which comes in white and black versions, will cost you $229.99 and will be shipped from June 28. With preorders, available now. It seems that ot will be available only in US initially.
For those who followed the company, the new device may not come as a surprise following several leaks about the product before today, with two coming in the last week alone and one yesterday claiming that the device would be unveiled today.
Potentially the biggest feature of the device is the calls and messaging, also Amazon move into a key, a new era of services. Alexa calling, as the feature is named, will also work on other Echo devices and Alexa app. The weight of the device will 41 ounces, nearly 1.1 kilos. It is not a mobile phone replacement that is for sure. Here are some of the features of this new devices:
- Built-in Camera.
- Voice assistance from Alexa includes at least 12000 skills or tasks.
- Touchscreen display offers more on screen information and can also be used to play the videos.
- Music display features. It can connect to Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, and offers real time song lyrics, custom stations, curated playlists, album art.
- Organization features. You can ask Alexa to start timers, manage calendars, create a to-do list, and sync all the information with Alexa app.
- Drop in feature. Free voice call feature similar to Apple’s facetime for those with the Alexa app, Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Show to message or call each other.
- Compatible with smart home devices such as cameras, lights, fans, garages, sprinkles, and more, so you can potentially ask Alexa to turn off the lights without getting off the couch.
Amazon notes in its blurb on its product page that Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa and now she can show you the thongs. Watch video flash briefings and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, weather forecasts, to do and shopping lists, photos, and more. All hands free, just ask. You can use the device for video calls and it will also integrate and enhance skills that you already use on existing Echo. It has the Dolby powered speakers and eight microphones and lets you use existing Alexa skills that do not have a video component. The newest device takes everything one step further.