Are you using Amazon Echo as your voice assistant? Well, hats-off to your choice as you have selected the best device. I just want to ask if you are aware of setting up multiple accounts with Amazon Echo smart speaker. Well, this is possible and if you want to know how, then better read this blog post. You can easily collaborate your shopping list and other things with Amazon Echo.
There is no denying to the fact that Amazon Echo speaker can make your life at the home a lot easier. You can turn on the lights and various other electrical and electronic equipment, order food, stream your favourite music and a lot more using Amazon Echo.
But, what about other family members of the house? They want to use Amazon Echo as well, but since you have added your account, how is it possible for them to make Echo fulfil their desires, such as playing their favourite music, their to-do lists, calendars and more. There has to be a way, right? Well, there is and we will discuss just that in today’s blog post.
You can easily setup multiple user accounts on Amazon Echo within your household. The procedure to do it is as follows:
You will require a few things before you could add any other account of any member of your house.
- You need to make sure that the person has an Amazon account. If he/she doesn’t have, then tell him/her to make it. Amazon Echo setup will require a valid account, so this is very important.
Adding a new account to your Amazon Echo
- The process of adding a new account is going to take a minute or so. To add a new user, you need to go to Echo.Amazon.com or Amazon.com Echosetup in the browser from your PC or laptop. Then, you have to navigate to ‘Settings’ option.
- At the bottom of the ‘Settings’ option, you can find ‘Household profile’.
- You have to enter the login details and then, log into the account. If there are privacy issues, then the person can add the details on his/her own.
- Once everything is done, click ‘Join Household’.
The same process goes for Amazon Echo Tap and Amazon Echo Dot. These are two new products that were launched by Amazon earlier this year. Each of these devices has 50% of the features of Amazon Echo, so you can imagine how wonderful these two devices would be.
There are many benefits of having multiple accounts. You can share your content libraries that consist of music and books, plus you can also share other stuff such as calendars, shopping lists and to-do lists. If you want to access other account, then all you have to say is, ‘Alexa, Switch Accounts’ or ‘Alexa, Switch to ‘Person’s name’ profile’.
To know which Amazon profile is active, you can ask, ‘Alexa, which profile am I using’ or ‘Alexa, which account is this’? If you are still not able to make out, then take Amazon Echo help.
So, now you are aware how multiple accounts work on Amazon Echo. All this can only work in a proper manner, if you have done Amazon Alexa setup in the right way. If you are doubtful about the setup process, then you can take the help of Amazon Echo tech support provider to know how to get rid of the problem that you are currently facing.
The removal of an account from the Amazon Echo can be done by going to Echo.Amazon.com, followed by Settings and then, selecting the profile that you wish to remove.
Regarding Amazon Echo setup, you can log onto www.Amazon.com Echosetup, which is the only website where you can find the detailed steps regarding how to setup the device.