For all the Alpha Preview members, Microsoft has rolled out the latest Xbox One Update, including light theme, media fixes, and notification changes.
The tech giant, Microsoft has revealed the least Xbox One update for all the members of the Xbox Insider Program, which will follow the introduction of the both latest features and the fixes to all the Alpha preview members. Besides this, the Fall Creators Update is not scheduled for the public release in this year, while the recent builds will be heading for all those on the pre-release rings.
The primary focus in the recent builds of the operating system is mainly on the redesigning of the Xbox One user interface and the newly released Fluent Design System. While continuing the building process, the latest update includes a latest “Light theme” designing for the dashboard inspired by the Fluent Design along with the enhancements of how the notifications are getting showed.
Until this time, the largest addition in the latest update is the much-awaited Light theme, which got popped up in the last month. With the recent moves regarding improving the customizability of the Xbox OS, the new designing of the dashboard will permit the users to change the color scheme of the UI and also to use the whites, and light grays more efficiently.
As far as personals preference is concerned, the original “dark theme” was enabled by default. While the option to change the white theme will get available in the Settings app after it gets released. Many changes were made to the way the notifications will get showed up on the console. As all the notifications were got dumped into the Action Center, these will now get solved into their parallel tabs on the Xbox Guide. For example, all the game invited can be easily accessible through the Multiplayer tab, and the achievement pop-ups can also be used via the Achievements.
With the latest update, there would also be the fixes to the TV app and Movies, along with video playback app, solving out the previous problem that was causing the black screens. However, many problems still need to sort out, including affecting of the Light theme, sign in to the screens and also using a certain number of languages, problems, and other bugs related to the third party apps. Check out the updates below-
Light and Dark Themes
- New themes have been added to the dashboard. In the recent addition to the theme, you will be able to choose the latest light theme. The settings will not get enabled until 9/6/2017, as the company requires all the Alpha users to stay on the latest build. After 9/6, you will also be able to reboot the console to check the setting. First head to Settings- Personalization- System Personalization- System theme and then choose Light.
Notification improvements- The game invites is now heading from the Action Center to the Multiplayer tab of the Guide, and also you will get the Recent Achievements in the Achievements tab. This will make very simple to view at a glance if you have got new Achievements or invites when you head for unlocking the Guide and also accessing the notifications much faster, as the other system notifications are not present in the way.
- TV & Movies and Misc Media Apps-
- Now, the black screens during the playback have got fixed as the Fast Forward.
- Light Theme- There has been some of the visual contrast problems in the entertainment twist, Mixer twist, and messaging- you may get to view white one white. The solutions will soon get rolled out.
- Netflix– At the time of using the Hebrew language, Netflix fails to start.
- Blu-Ray Player- The content in 3D Blu-Ray plays in 2D.
- Game Hub– The Game Hub is not functioning well in tracking the achievement unlock for some games and also Gamerscore.